Cozifoam Roof Armor SystemsYour Choice for Low-Slope Roofing
Flat roof repairs have never been easier than with Cozifoam
Want to know about the spray foam roofing process?
- First, the trained professionals from Cozifoam, servicing Edmonton and the surrounding area, will inspect and prepare the substrate for the application of polyurethane foam. In the case of an existing tar and gravel roof, this includes removing the loose gravel, dust, and debris, inspecting the bared roof carefully for damage, delamination of felt and tar layers, flashing problems, and more.
- Next, after any needed repairs are completed, a primer is applied if necessary to ensure proper adhesion of the foam to the substrate.
- In the next step, a layer of polyurethane roofing foam is sprayed uniformly over the surface. Roofing foam is a special high-density foam, 1.5 times more dense than the closed cell foam used to insulate walls. This gives roofing foam amazing resilience to traffic and impact (like hail) while maintaining its waterproofing and insulating capabilities.
- The foam is spray-applied as a liquid and expands within a few seconds to about 30 times its liquid volume. It hardens within seconds to support foot traffic. As it expands, it completely fills any gaps, cracks, or fissures on the roof and seals perfectly around stacks, flashings, drains, etc. Typically slightly wavy in appearance, the foam can be applied in graduated thicknesses to faciliate drainage.
- Finally, a waterproof coating is applied over the top of the foam. Although polyurethane foam is waterproof and will never rot, mould, or mildew, it can be broken down by exposure to ultraviolet rays present in sunlight. The coating protects the foam from sunlight and provides an additional protective layer, sealing your roof against moisture intrusion. As the coating is very elastic (500% elongation), it helps bond the foam to flashings and other materials.
When you’re dealing with polyurethane spray foam roofing, the coating layer takes all of the abuse that Mother Nature throws in your roof’s direction. As long as the coating layer is maintained and renewed as necessary, your roof will last indefinitely. Polyurethane spray foam roofing is truly a sustainable roofing system!